A Clean Comforter Equals A Good Nights Sleep
Comforters are a welcome addition to your bedroom during the fall and winter months. What most people don’t know, however, is how to properly care for them. Fine bedding and accessories can be very costly. Proper care will guarantee the longevity of your bedding, and will keep it looking new and feeling as fresh as the day you bought it!
Increase the Life of Your Bedding & Comforters
It is important to follow the proper “Care Instructions” for your bedding products. You can be certain that 95% of all fine bedding products will recommend dry cleaning. Dry cleaning is highly recommended because most household washing machines are too small to accommodate bedding items and most have an agitator in the center which places unnecessary stress on your bedding. The dry cleaning process itself is less invasive and is generally much gentler on fabric fibers. The dry cleaning fluids used to clean fabrics do not contain water so they do not fully penetrate the fabric fibers. This prevents the fading, discoloration and distortion of your bedding products and accessories.
Make Bedding Last Longer!
• Air out your comforter occasionally to keep it fresh.
• Shake out your comforter frequently to maximize loft and durability
• Vacuum your comforter or bedspread to avoid dust, dirt, and body oils from gathering.
• Since bedding is a long-term purchase, consider adding a duvet cover to your comforter. It can extend your comforter’s “life span.” It also offers more fashion options and is easier to clean.
• To keep your room fresh, clean your outer bedding at least once a season and once again before seasonal storage. Store your comforters in a well ventilated closet or room when you are not using them to avoid mildew.
Good Night, Sleep Tight
Prevention, of course, is the first step in extending the life of your bedding and bedding accessories. Keeping your comforters and accessories out of direct sunlight will prevent uneven fading.
Also, the longer you wait to have your bedding dry cleaned, the longer you give stains the opportunity to set deep within the fibers of the fabric. Staying on a schedule with your dry cleaning will prevent permanent damage to your bedding fabric and will ensure that each night’s sleep is a comfortable and peaceful one!
As always, we’re happy to answer any questions you may have regarding the care of your bedding and bedding accessories. We’re here for you! You can reach us at 303-581-0630. Since we have two Certified Environmental Cleaners on site, we can answer most of your questions right away.